Official DSA LGV Theory test Book, Hazard Perception CD are required, Provisional Licence application D2 & D4 medical form and our detailed information brochure.
2. Receive information pack.
3. Arrange LGV Medical Examination, does not have to be your own Doctor. We have a list of doctor's in the West Midlands area who charge between £45.00 and £55.00 including eye test.
Remember to take medical report form (D4) with you.
4. Apply for LGV/PCV Provisional Licence (Currently FREE) send completed forms D2, D4, and both your car driving licence to: DVLA, SWANSEA, SA99 1BR.
5. Receive your LGV/PCV Provisional Licence, you can now contact us to arrange your FREE ASSESSMENT.
6. Study for LGV Theory Test, I suggest The latest edition DSA book: "The Official Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles", Questions can be asked on any of the following Weights & Dimensions, Drivers' Hours & Rest periods The Driver, Carrying Passengers (PCV Test if applicable) The Road, Accident handling procedure. Vehicle Condition and walk around check, Leaving the Vehicle, Vehicle Loading, Restricted view & blind spots, Documents, Other road users, Traffic Signs or website:drivingtheory4all.co.uk.
7. Multiple-choice Test, Hazard Perception Test, Driver CPC Case Study Test (Module 2 and 4) These test's can be arranged for you at our office.
If you have passed your car driving test prior to January 1997 then you do not have to take modules 2 and 4. Class 2. But you still have to pass both modules for Class D and D1 unless you wish to drive PCV VEHICLES.
8. When passed Theory Test, contact BCDT on 0121 550 0445 to arrange dates for: Practical Driving Course & Test (Module 2) Driver CPC Training Course & Test (Module 4.)
9. Pass the LGV rigid driving test (CATEGORY C) or your Cat D DRIVING TEST.
10. As soon as you receive your Full Category C LGV Licence you may start lessons for up-grading to Articulated vehicles (Category C+E).Training time required to up-grade average 5 days.